Losing your teeth is unfortunate enough, but then only finding a temporary solution to replace them, such as dentures can be disheartening. Fortunately, there are other techniquesavailable. Since the 1980’s dental implants have provided a more permanent replacement solution.
Dental implants are synthetic substitutes for tooth roots. Their role is to act as anchors for the replacements used to fill the gaps of missing teeth. Any dental implant can be used as a root for a single tooth or for many missing teeth. Replacing a tooth with a dental implantis the closest one can get to a natural tooth.
Age Doesn’t Matter
The great thing about dental implants is that age does not matter. Anyone can have a dental implant fitted, from a teenager to an octogenarian and beyond. As long as the recipient has the required health status to undergo the minor treatment involved, then age is not a handicap.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants for people of all ages?
Dental Implants can:
• Reactivate your life, produce new confidence, and improved self-esteem.
• Offer a solid base for teeth that will look, feel, and act like natural teeth.
• Act as a support for a bridge, therefore taking away the need for a partial denture.
• Offer support for a denture that is usually removable therefore ensuring it is more comfortable and secure.
• Remove pain while in the process of chewing food with teeth that aren’t permanently fixed.
• Assist in the maintenance of bone structure and improve facial features.
• Permit you to eat what you really like as well as harder health giving foods such as fruit and vegetables.
Even a single tooth, missing over a period of time, can allow the rest of your teeth to become misaligned and take away your beautiful smile. Replacing one individual tooth with a single dental implant and its associated crown is a long-lasting solution. If a dental implant is not used, the two teeth on either side of the missing tooth must be adapted to anchor a bridge. Dental implants are a great development, as they take away the necessity to make any changes to natural, healthy teeth.
When many teeth are missing, a problem of support takes place as your jaw starts to weaken. Implants help to slow down that deterioration, as well as providing natural function and bite.
If you are worried about having dental implant therapy because of your age, call Dr. VanderMolen at (217) 717-4551 today, to make an appointment to discuss the procedure and its effect on your health and well-being.
Click here for more information on Implants and our other available services at Advanced Dental Care of Springfield.You can also attend one of our Free Dental Implant Seminars!